On Friday, June 14th, 2013 at 4.38 PM, the Heartland Communications Center received a call from a homeowner stating she had a fire in the carport area of her home. Three structure engines, a truck company, a rescue company, one ALS medic unit, and two duty chiefs were sent to the fire in the 9200 block of Northcote Rd in the City of Santee.
|Santee and Lakeside Fire units on Northcote Rd|
|Lakeside Fire Engineer Steve Schleif attaches a four inch supply line from a nearby hydrant.|
The fire cause was determined to be lint build-up around the dryer unit. The U.S. Fire Administration estimates 2,900 dryer fires occur each year resulting in 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 miilion dollars in loses. This might be a stark reminder to check your dryer ventilation system today!
A total of 7 Lakeside personnel assisted with this incident. Another example of cooperative automatic aid between agencies in the Central Zone.
Submitted By: Fire Captain Mark Grow, Lakeside Fire District
Photos By: Fire Captain Bernie Molloy, Lakeside Fire District
View 2013 Incident Map in a larger map